Let’s dive in to the latest culinary trend… Saltsy style! We’re tackling the ubiquitous butter board with a festive (and delicious!) recipe — and pulling it all together with our Beachy Little Christmas holiday gear.
How to Make Your Holiday Butter Board
This recipe is a sweet-n-salty crowd pleaser! Best of all? It’s quick to pull together… the longest part is waiting for the butter to soften!
Supplies and Ingredients:
- 1-2 bricks of butter of choice (pro tip: High-quality butter makes a difference in butter boards. We used Kerrygold.)
- 1 pomegranate or a 4oz jar of fresh pomegranate arils (you can usually find these in the refrigerated produce section of your local grocery store)
- Approximately 1/2-3/4 cups of walnuts (halves or whole)
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Approximately 2 teaspoons flakey Sea Salt
- Honey to taste
- Cinnamon-sugar mixture to taste
- Bread or Crackers of choice
- Olive oil (if you choose to serve with bread)
- Saltsy Glass Cutting Board and Matching Apron – we highly recommend the Beachy Little Christmas set featured below! 😉
Steps to Holiday Butter Board Bliss:
Recipe Note: Leave your butter out on the counter to come to room temperature so it will spread easily before starting this recipe.
- Deseed your pomegranate, or pull your fresh arils out of the refrigerator and set aside.
- Add your walnuts to a frying pan and place on your stovetop set to a medium/low heat. Toast lightly until they begin to brown lightly and become fragrant, then set aside to cool.
- Using a rubber spatula, spread the room-temperature butter in sections across your board until it is covered to your liking. You want it to be thick enough to not be translucent, but not so thick that each bite is too buttery! Use the image below as a guide.
- Top your butter with the toasted walnuts, pomegranate seeds, flakey sea salt, and a pinch of nutmeg. Then, drizzle honey in a checked pattern across the top and dust with the cinnamon-sugar mixture. (We recommend being generous with the honey and cinnamon-sugar!)
- If you’re using bread, slice and drizzle with olive oil. Toast to your liking in the oven.
Hoping to have a beachy little Christmas yourself? Shop the Saltsy gear featured in this recipe (and other coordinating items) here!