Now that Thanksgiving is over, it’s time to dive in to all things Christmas! (Unless you’re like us, and maybe already set up your tree a week… or two… ago.) Still, making it to Black Friday is deserving of a celebration in and of itself. Whether you’re packing your day with holiday shopping or spending it relaxing with friends and family, one thing is certain: This day calls for a drink! Our drink du jour is a festive Saltsy favorite, the Apple Cider Mimosa.
We know you’re busy this weekend, so we won’t dig into too many details, but we do have to gush for a moment about the perfectness of this drink for all of your post-Thanksgiving festivities. While the apple-forward flavors certainly make it feel appropriate for a continuation of your turkey feast, the cinnamon, spices, and sparkle really herald the coming of the festive season. All in all: It’ll please the whole crowd at your Black Friday brunch — even your crabby aunt — so grab your champagne flutes and start mixing!
Here’s how to pull together for your Black Friday Saltsy Hour…
How to Make the Best Apple Cider Mimosa
Ingredients for 2 drinks:
- 2 ounces spiced rum
- 3 ounces spiced apple cider
- Champagne or Prosecco to top
- Garnish: Sliced apple, cinnamon, sugar
- Rim your glasses: Fill the base of a shallow dish with caramel. Fill the base of a second dish with sugar (about 2 TBSP) and cinnamon (about 1 TBSP). Dip the rims of your champagne flutes or saucers into the caramel, and then into the cinnamon/sugar mixture. Set aside.
- Add 1 ounce of rum and 1.5 ounces of spiced apple cider to each champagne flute or saucer.
- Top with champagne or Prosecco.
- Garnish with apple slices, either on a cocktail pick or add a notch to your slice and place it on the rim of your glass.
If you’re so busy with brunch that you don’t have time for in-person shopping, we invite you to grab your mimosa and head to www.Saltsy.com. (Pssst… if you hit up our Instagram page first we may have a discount code for you, too!)