Want to have something on-hand for impromptu holiday get-togethers? This three ingredient crab dip is a super easy, crowd pleasing recipe! And it’ll only take you about 5 minutes to make.
Here’s What You Need
- 1 block of cream cheese (softened)
- ~ 3/4 cup homemade or high-quality cocktail sauce*
- Shredded crab meat
- Crackers for dipping
- A pretty serving board or tray… we’re partial to these Saltsy boards!
Note on cocktail sauce: If you’re buying a bottle of cocktail sauce, look for one that says “zesty” or has added horseradish for extra flavor. Making your own is easy, too: Simply mix ketchup and horseradish (start light and add more as desired). If you want to really elevate the flavor, add a dash of lemon juice, Worcestershire, or tabasco!
Putting Together Your Dip
- Add brick of softened cream cheese to your board and gently press to spread. You want it to still be a thick layer but not quite a brick — we keep ours about 1-1.15 inches thick for maximum dipping enjoyment!
- Next, smother the cream cheese with the cocktail sauce. You want a generous layer, but not so much it’s pooling around the cream cheese.
- Top with the shredded crab meat.
- Encircle the dip with your favorite crackers. Bonus: and add any garnishes you may enjoy; we like fresh black pepper, tabasco, or lemon slices.
Looking for a serving tray that’s adorable as it is durable? Be sure to check out the Saltsy line of glass charcuterie boards. And don’t miss our newest Personalized Map Board where you can pick your favorite location and map artwork to create your own stylish serving backdrop!