A festive cocktail — with a kick! Here’s a fabulous (and free!) recipe download for your next Saltsy Hour.
Sweet ‘n’ Spicy
Looking for a drink with just the right amount of kick? This Jalapeño Watermelon Margarita is a Saltsy favorite. We especially love the vibrant ombré red and green color combo at Christmastime, although rest assured this cocktail is a merry maker year-round!
Although you can throw together this cocktail with a mix of home-made and store bought supplies, we’ve found the best mix to be Tanteo Jalapeño Infused Tequila, Simply Watermelon juice, and fresh jalapeños and limes:
Of course if you want to do everything from scratch you can always infuse your tequila and press your own watermelon, but spare time is a hot commodity during the holidays and — trust us — this Tanteo tequila will make a great addition to your bar cart!
Let’s Get Mixing
Here’s what you’ll need for one serving:
- 2 ounces jalapeño-infused tequila
- 2 ounces watermelon juice
- 1 ounce fresh lime juice
- Optional garnishes: salt or sugar for the rim, sliced lime, jalapeño slices, and/or a watermelon wedge
4 steps to perfection:
- Prep: Salt or sugar the rim of your favorite cocktail glass and slice your garnishes
- Add tequila, watermelon and lime juices to your glass
- Top your glass with ice and garnish like a pro! If you’re a spice-lover, don’t hesitate to toss a jalapeño slice (or two) into the glass.
Free Recipe Download
Want to keep this recipe on-hand? Here’s a handy downloadable PDF just for you. Cheers!